2019 Patron Planner Edition
Before You Head Out
The 2019 Wells Fargo Championship is right around the corner and we want to make sure each of our patrons is completely prepared. Please review our spectator information.
Tournament Event Schedule Player Commits
Helpful Tips for Tournament Guests
How can I find out what time my favorite players tee off? Daily pairings will be posted on WellsFargoChampionship.com and published in the daily newspaper sports section. Thursday and Friday groupings are determined close to noon on Tuesday, with each golfer playing one day in the morning and the other day in the afternoon. Saturday and Sunday pairings are based on a player's score, with the leaders teeing off last. Complimentary daily pairing sheets will also be available at the tournament.
Have a Plan
There are basically two ways to watch a golf tournament. “Parade Style” is where you choose a spot and watch the field pass by or “Cross-Country Style” is where you follow a particular player or group around the course.
Arrive early to reserve a spot, especially if you plan on watching the tournament “Parade Style.” On Thursday and Friday, groups are simultaneously started on the first and tenth tees. Most people watch the action on the back nine holes which may give you the opportunity to get a better view of the players on the front nine.
Daily Groupings and Pairings & Course Map
Pick up a daily pairing sheet to find out when the players tee off and the order of the groups. Pairing sheets include a course map, and are available near the entrances and at selected other locations on the tournament grounds. The pros usually play in threesomes on Thursday and Friday and twosomes on the weekends. Check the scoreboards to find out who the leaders are and where they are on course. One way to tell the players from a distance is to look for their caddies, who wear bibs with their player’s name on the back.
What do I wear?
Be sure to check the weather forecast in order to determine your outfit for the day. Always bring a rain jacket or poncho and wear light colored and cool clothing on hot and mostly sunny days. Also, be sure to wear comfortable shoes, preferably with flat soles in order to avoid injury that may result due to uneven terrain (and yes, many do wear soft spike golf shoes). Don’t forget your sunscreen!
Merchandise Check Stand
A designated area located beside the main merchandise tent at the Driving Range allows patrons to purchase merchandise and leave their items in a safe location, while enjoying the rest of the day.
Patrons with Young Children
We encourage parents with young children to bring umbrella strollers since they are easier to maneuver around the golf course. Diaper bags are permitted but will be checked at security points. We do offer kid friendly menu items. These items can be found at Full Menu Concession Stands on the course. Please also stop by the Levine Children’s Hospital, Family Care Center- infant and diaper changing area. This is a comfortable place for parents to care for the delicate needs of their families. Located in the Green Mile Village on the 16th fairway at the First Aid Tent.
Safe-Tee Kid Program
Patrons can pick up these brightly colored wristbands labeled “Wells Fargo Championship-Safe-Tee Kid” at the Guest Services/Information tent located at the main entrance near the bus shuttle. Each wristband serves as a friendly reminder for children to contact a tournament ambassador should they be separated from their parents. Ambassadors will be dressed in tournament uniform and have an official credential.
We are committed to serving disabled patrons regarding special needs. Please see Handicapped Parking Information for additional details. Dedicated wheelchair-accessible buses will shuttle disabled persons and their guests to the tournament. Upon arrival to the grounds, Ambassadors working with the Special Needs Committee will update patrons with pertinent information and direct, escort, or transport individuals to Reserved Seating Areas.
A designated fenced in area located near the Driving Range allows children 12 and under to view PGA TOUR players as they warm up prior to tee off and practice after their rounds are completed. Parents will not be allowed in this area but can watch nearby.
- “SILENT” all cell phones.
- Review the course map posted on the website prior to arriving at the tournament.
- Car-pool whenever possible and remember where your car is parked.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Review our Concession Offerings (link to Good Eats)
- Wear headwear and sunglasses for protection from the sun and use sun block.
- Familiarize yourself with the First-Aid Stations located on-site.
- Stay behind the gallery ropes and cooperate with the marshals.
- Kneel, or sit down, if you are in the front row.
- Remain still through each shot and do not move until all players in the group have played or completed the hole.
- Walk carefully, never run.
- In the event of an emergency, please contact your nearest police officer or tournament official.
- Wells Fargo ATM machines are located at the Main Merchandise Tent, 1T (Customer Lounge) 9G (Fan Experience), 16F- Green Mile Village and All American Pub.
- Volunteers in grey shirts will be able to answer any questions you may have while on-site.
- Children under 12 should be kept at a safe distance while play is in progress. Parents should take extra precautionary measures when choosing a viewing location.
Printable Spectator Information
With your help, the tournament has donated over $22 million to charity in sixteen years.